Are you Lonely?
There is a difference between being alone and being lonely.
Single mothers often experience acute loneliness.
- Lonely when they wake up in the morning.
- Lonely when they see other couples so happy together.
- Lonely when making decisions for the household.
- Lonely when climbing into bed at night.
Solitude-being alone- is entirely different.
- Time alone allows for refection and prayer.
- Time alone allows for rest.
- Time alone gives a single mom a chance to catch her breath.
- Time alone is necessary for spiritual growth.
Single moms are the strongest women I know.
My prayer for you is that you spend some time alone and discover your personal strength.
I am a Certified Professional Coach and I hold a degree from Lamar University in Speech and a Master’s from the University of Texas. I married Sam after raising three children as a single mother. I was an educator in regular and special education for twenty years, finishing my professional career as a Braille teacher. In 2007 I founded SMORE for Women. SMORE is a nonprofit association whose goal is Single Moms, Overjoyed, Rejuvenated, and Empowered. My stories have been published in several Christian books and magazines. My Website.