A Guest column by Lacie Martin
Ways to Work From Home with Ease
If it seems like your life is about to spiral out of control amidst COVID-19, you’re not alone. But as you continue to juggle working from home with raising a family, these tips will help you to find more calm in this chaotic world we’re living in.
Simplify Home Life
These simple tricks will help to alleviate stress and save you time during the workweek.
- Create a stress-free morning routine for the whole family.
- Use an Instant Pot to whip up quick weeknight dinners.
- Alleviate parenting stress with 12 evidence-based tips.
- Clean your home like a pro and cut household chore time in half.
Give Yourself Space
Even if you live in a small home or apartment, having your own private workspace is crucial.
- Find office space in a closet, empty corner, or against a spare wall.
- Set boundaries and share them with your household.
- Purchase a good pair of noise-canceling headphones.
Keep Kids Entertained
To minimize distractions while you work, keep your kids entertained with games and activities.
- Entertain kids with games and activities.
- Upgrade your internet connection so your kids can play online games while you work.
- Young children can play online games like Counting Pizza Party and Fun Brain Jr.
- If you have the space for it, create a playroom for your little ones.
Things will one day return to normal, but for now, parents need to juggle two very important full-time jobs: working from home and raising a family. And in the meantime, these tips and resources can help parents to create the perfect work-life balance for less stress and more calm as you continue to work from home with your families amidst COVID-19.
“Lacie Martin created RaiseThemWell.org to help inspire parents to raise their children well by prioritizing love over everything else. She firmly believes that all moms and dads raising kids who know they are loved and cared for are successful parents.”