Appreciate a Nurse Today
National Nurses Week is May 6-12
Do you know a nurse? Most of us do. Well today is National Nurses Day and this year of all years we can take this opportunity to say, Thank You!
A Fact Quiz – How many blanks can you fill-in?
- The nursing profession is very old. It dates back to _________.
- A British nurse, ________________ ___________________, saved the lives of many soldiers and changed the way nurses were educated.
- The first nursing school was at _______________ _________________ established in 1873 in NYC.
- Nurses walk about ___ K during each shift.
- There are ____ million nurses in the U.S.
Numerous nurses have contracted the Corona Virus and many have died. It’s hard to get an exact number. They are working unbelievably hard and often do not go back to their families for fear of carrying the virus.
They certainly are worthy of our support at this this.
LaToya James, SMORE’s newest Educational Support Program candidate will complete her nursing degree next year. I hope you will consider even a small monthly donation.
Answers to the quiz
1. 300 AD
2. Florence Nightingale
3. Bellevue Hospital
I raised three children as a single mother before I remarried. I have experience the potholes, pests, and perils of being the single head-of-household. As an educator in regular and special education for twenty years I know a great deal about child development and how to handle kids. I am the founder of SMORE for Women, a nonprofit whose goal is Single Moms, Overjoyed, Rejuvenated, and Empowered. I’m also a Certified Professional Coach and my stories have been published in several books and magazines. My book, Living Learning Loving is available on Amazon.