Why is Church Important?
Brief audio spot as heard on KLBT 88.1 FM
We know that church attendance is down in the United States. I’m sorry this is happening. I can guess why this is so and yet I can’t do anything much to change it. I do want to encourage you to participate in a church community for several reasons.
- It is helpful to have a group of friends to share your life with. Your children benefit by knowing they have a larger support system than their immediate family.
- Churches offer children and youth programs that are wholesome and teach Christian morals.
- Research shows that being involved in a community is healthy.
- Programs for serving others is offered through churches and is extremely valuable when raising children.
- Religious education gives you and your children the strength and guidance needed for life.
- Church is a place of worship. Worship was a significant part of healing as I overcame the heartbreak of divorce.
I am a Certified Professional Coach and I hold a degree from Lamar University in Speech and a Master’s from the University of Texas. I married Sam after raising three children as a single mother. I was an educator in regular and special education for twenty years, finishing my professional career as a Braille teacher. In 2007 I founded SMORE for Women. SMORE is a nonprofit association whose goal is Single Moms, Overjoyed, Rejuvenated, and Empowered. My stories have been published in several Christian books and magazines. My Website.