Snack Attack by Stephanie Harren
Ever Feel Like This?
We have all been there, you know, that place where you are so hungry that you will grab anything that in front of you and stuff it in your mouth. We have gone all day without eating a supportive meal and now healthy eating goes out the window for filling our bellies
But it doesn’t have to be that way. With a little planning ahead you can stay on track.
Why Snacking (or grazing) throughout the day will help you lose weight:
1. Healthy snacks help keep your appetite under control
2. Gives you energy when you hit those mid-morning and midafternoon slumps.
3. Your body is telling you something, you need to eat!
15 Portable Snacks (or for home)
- Cantaloupe wrapped in deli ham
- Cherry tomatoes with turkey or chicken chunks
- Grapes and low-fat cheese chunks
- ½ almonds or cashews with dried figs
- Flavored tuna packets with fruit
- Diced apple with celery shaken together with cinnamon and 1 packet of stevia
- Protein shake and piece of fruit
- Make ahead Citrus Bars Put 1 cup of almonds, 3/4 of a cup of dried, unsweetened cherries, juice of 1/2a lemon, 1/3 c of vanilla Protein with orange flavor pack (or crystal light orange), 1/4 cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened), and a tablespoon of orange zest (you can omit the orange zest if you’d like- it makes it quite orangey) and whisk them around in the food processor till processed. Line a bread pan in waxed paper, and press the mixture in. Once you get the shape, remove from the pan, slice into bars, and enjoy. Makes 12 bars.
- ¼ cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds and ¼ cup dried fruit
- Lara bar (bought in stores or on line)
- Beef jerky
- Hard boiled eggs
- 15 almonds and a piece of fruit
- Celery topped with almond butter
- Protein shake and ¼ cup macadamia nuts