There is no pain like rejection by someone you love.
It cuts at who we are. . .
slices and leaves us bleeding.
Have I tended to my wounds?
I will treat myself gently.
Please do spend some time getting to know yourself. Always remember – never take rejection personally. (The Four Agreements) If you are bleeding from rejection, the loss of a relationship or even the death of a spouse, I encourage you to try one or two of these suggestions:
- Make an appointment for yourself to take a walk.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Prepare a meal of your favorite foods, set the table, and serve yourself with candlelight.
- Set an empty chair across from you and have a conversation with “yourself.”
- Take a personality profile.
- Play your favorite CD and sing along.
- Do something you’ve dreamed of doing, but never done before.