I am not an expert. These are simply a few things I’ve learned along the way. . . a long way. – Gail
Before dating, do your homework. Learn about men. Not your dad or brother, but the men who will have a different goal in mind where you are concerned. Take the stars out of your eyes. Be fully aware that even one fling can color the rest of your life.
My Thoughts About Men:
- Men are different from us (women). “Duh” you say, but how often do you expect a man to understand you? To see things as you do? Men think like men.
- They think differently.
- They have different motivations.
- They have different agendas.
- Men have an agenda that involves satisfying their needs.
- Their needs do not usually include flowers and romance.
- It is no joke that men’s primary motivations are food and sex. Before you accuse me of being cynical, I am somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but not totally.
- Men, who truly love and commit to you, will go to great lengths to provide for and protect you.
- He will want to be in your presence.
- You will not have to call him. He will call you.
- He will recognize your value as you value yourself.
- You do teach the man how to treat you.
- Men need validation.
- Men need your respect.
- Men need to hear your compliments and acknowledgments.
- Men are greatly influenced by what they hear, in other words, your voice.
- PAY ATTENTION to what he does, not what he says.
A few thoughts from A Tough Old Bird with a Soft Spot for Single Moms
Sam Showalter DDS (409) 718-5598 http://www.nederlandsmiledocs.com
I love it, Gail! Thanks so much for putting the truth out there. Us single moms do not want to make the same mistakes we’ve made in the past. We need to go forward with our eyes wide open–about men and life–this time!
I really believe it would make a difference in the divorce rates for second marriages if both parties would do a complete autopsy of previous relationships before beginning another one. Don’t you?