Dating Do’s is one of the SMORE Themes. This post is from another site. I hope you find it useful. -Gail
As modern Christians we should definitely be open to meeting all kinds of different people. However, when it comes to dating, settling down, and sharing our lives with someone special it really makes sense to at least first look for someone that will also be willing to put God first in their lives and in the life of the family. As a devout Christian I
thought it would be interesting to look at some Bible verses that are usually brought up in discussions surrounding dating, relationships, and marriage.
5 Great Bible Verses For Christian Dating Site Members
- “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or
rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” –1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- “So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace,
along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.” – 2 Timothy 2:22
- “Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals.” – 1 Corinthians 15:33
- “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual
immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;” – 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” –
These are but a few of the scriptures that give us some guidance as it relates to Christian relationships and finding the right person to share our lives and our religion with. It’s also important to be very upfront when you go to the different Christian dating sites and prepare your profile. Here are some questions you should try to answer:
7 Questions to Answer When Preparing Your Christian Dating Profile
- Do you prefer someone from a specific denomination (Presbyterian, Lutheran,
Catholic, etc.)? This could eventually be important if the other person is
also very adamant about the specific type of church they attend.
- Do you believe in premarital sex? It’s perfectly fine and will avoid some potential problems if you are just upfront about this. There are many different ways to interpret the scripture and while abstinence is for many Christians, it’s not for all of them.
- Do you openly practice your Christianity at all times? For instance, do you like
to say a verbal prayer before all meals even when you are out on a date?
This is also fine, it’s just not for everyone.
- Do you avoid R rated movies and or specific types of movies? If you do, then try
to provide other members with what it is about them specifically that you
like to avoid (violence, sex, profanity, etc.).
- Do you have a strong stance on profanity including taking the Lord’s name in
vain? Also, perfectly fine and very good for other members to know.
- How many times per week do you go to church and what times are you available
so you can attend church functions?
- Do you listen to Christian music? If yes, what kind of music are you more of a
Toby Mac person or Amy Grant/Michael W. Smith (so many great choices