In Going It Alone by Michele Howe and published by Hendrickson focuses on creating a spirit of teamwork in the home of the single mother and her children. Michele lists several significant ways to ‘Strengthen Your Families’ Identity.’
- Design a chore list. Break down the jobs into daily, weekly, monthly, and occasional sections.
- Instill the importance of working together like teammates.
- Pray together over family issues.
- Attend church and church functions as a family.
- Be hospitable to the needy.
- Encourage your children to develop their spiritual gifts.
- Don’t be afraid to say no.
- Have fun together.
- Love unconditionally.
We discussed the importance of work for the child’s self-esteem as well as in preparation for the adult world.
If you have any questions about the class please do email me at email@example.com